At the beginning of the new year, and occasionally though out the year, I update my manifesto. This is a guideline based on my values that help keep me on track with the way I spend my time. This year I've included a poster with my manifesto. I suggest you take some time to consider your own personal values, create your own poster and post it where you can frequently be reminded of what you value and how you can most wisely spent your time.
1. Use my energy level as a barometer to gauge the value of my relationships. Nurture those who increase my energy, avoid those who drain it.
2. Enhance the quality of life by using creativity to have more FUN! Schedule fun and adventure!!!
3. Take the time to stay in tune with my spiritual self - journal, meditate, time in nature, yoga, sketching, painting, creating, gratitude lists.
4. Respect my health as a precious gift. Use exercise and nutrition to be healthy - not to look good. Have a health-based, not-ego based, life style.
5. Continue to spend time in, and learn lessons from, nature.
6. Embrace and actively commit to my education and learning - knowledge, skills and attitude.
7. Dharma - use my passion in all aspects of my life's work through paid and volunteer positions.
8. Keep clutter to a minimum. Give away one item for every new one that comes into the house.
9. Incorporate systems to simplify housework, business, finances, etc.
10. If it isn't good for my soul, I won't buy it, eat it, watch it, read it, spend time with it, wear it . . .
"My mission is
to help others see and cherish the beauty,
romance and treasures within and around them
that are often dismissed or completely overlooked."
For Earlier Posts visit